This is absolutely my favorite snack to make. It’s almost like a “grown-up” version of popcorn, but at this point it’s become my 5 year old’s favorite preparation as well. Every time we decide to make some popcorn for a movie night, he continues to remind me to “make it how I like it mommy”.
I usually start with the Orville Redenbacher’s Naturals Popcorn “Simply Salted”. Alternately, you could certainly air pop your own kernels. After popping, I add some parmesan cheese, a small amount of olive oil, another turn or two of the salt shaker, and some fresh ground pepper. It’s a healthier, and quite honestly, much better tasting version of popcorn. When you add the parmesan, make sure to use a fine grate and add it while the popcorn is still hot so that it melts, rather than falling directly to the bottom of the bowl. This recipe is super versatile as well, so feel free to experiment with different seasonings such as garlic salt. (yum, I may be trying that option next time!)
Happy eating and enjoy!
- 1 microwaveable bag naturals simply salted popcorn
- ¼ c freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Cook popcorn according to instructions, or alternately air pop your own kernels.
- When popcorn is finished cooking, and still hot, add the parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the top of the popcorn with extra virgin olive oil and add freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Give everything a good stir to ensure all popcorn is seasoned correctly. Adjust seasonings or add additional oil and parmesan as needed.
Sharing is caring